We are offering fresh California grapes this year. We will purchasing the grapes through F. Colavita & Son because they have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality grapes for both home wine makers and wineries.
- These are fresh grapes and will need to be crushed, de-stemmed and pressed. When the grapes arrive, we will have our crusher/de-stemmer set up for your use. There will be a charge of $2.00 per lug to use our motorized crusher/de-stemmer.
- You can press the grapes at the store using our #30 press for $1.00 per gallon of must. For whites, you can press them the day you pick them up. For reds, we will have the press available during business hours on the 2 Saturdays following delivery.
- These grapes will arrive refrigerated and will need to be picked up within 24 hours of arrival to guarantee freshness. We expect delivery around the first of October, but will contact everyone that orders as soon as we have a definite date. In addition, we will try to have the grapes delivered on a Friday to give you 2 days to pick up your grapes.
- When you place your order, your credit card will be required. We will not charge credit cards until August 15th. After that all orders will be charged as received.
- Since this is a perishable product, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Since this is NOT balanced must, none of the normal additives included in wine kits are included with these products. As such, you will need to consider ordering the following items, if you don't have them on hand:
- Potassium Meta-bisulfite (K-Meta)
- Yeast Nutrient
- Ascorbic Acid
- Fining agents
- Oak cubes, oak chips or oak spirals
- Maloactic Bacteria
- SO2 (Sulfur Dioxide) Test Kit
- Malic Acid Test Kit
- T.A. (Total Acid) Test Kit
- pH Test Kit
To learn more about working with fresh grapes, click on the following link:
Working with Fresh Grapes