Makes one gallon.
|5 Tbs Instant Coffee
||7 pints Water
|3 Lb. Honey (or Sugar)
||3 tsp. Acid Blend
|1 Campden Tablet, crushed
||3/4 tsp. Yeast Energizer
|1 pkg. Sherry Yeast
- Pour instant Coffee and honey (or sugar) into primary
- Pour water (hot) into primary fermenter and stir thouroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients, except yeast. Stir well.
- Cover primary fermenter.
- Wait 24 hours, then add yeast and re-cover primary fermenter.
- Stir daily and check S.G..
- When S.G. reaches 1.040 (usually 3-5 days), strain juice
from bag. Then syphon juice into glass container and attach
- When S.G. reaches 1.000 (usually about 3 weeks), fermentation
is complete. Syphon juice off sediment into clean glass
container. Re-attach airlock.
- To aid in clearing, syphon again in 2 months and again,
if necessary, before bottling.
- Allow the wine to age.